I’ve been running a low-grade fever the last couple days and have had accompanying canker sores that took over half my mouth and restricted to me to a liquid or very soft food diet. I was kind of stressing out over my To-Do list, but then I thought that my To-Do list, unlike my pre-sabbatical lists, was a real writer’s To-do list:
- Sketch out an outline of questions for the friend whose memoir I will be working on with her in Los Angeles from February 25-March 13, to get her thinking
- Get my column for Mennonite World Review done before then (Writing on the Idle No More movement currently sweeping across Canada, and implications for White settler Mennonites.)
- Get the first 50 pages and an outline of my novel ready for the James Jones novel contest before then
- Get the query letter for the agency I really want to represent my third novel polished and ready to go
- Get a more generic query letter for agencies ready to go
- Check out some Samurai Champloo and Joss Whedon sites for Because the Angels promotion.
When I go back to work for Christian Peacemaker Teams in June, it will be nice to look back on this list, and remember there was a time when I really spent most of my creative energy on writing.
<Social tagging: Because the Angels > Idle No More > Joss Whedon > Mennonite World Review > Samurai Champloo